Monday, April 1, 2013

This Chapter: First Year of College

The end of the year is five short weeks away, and I cannot believe it.  My first year as a college freshman has  come and gone faster than I could have ever imagined. I don't necessarily like using cliches but I think this one time it is appropriate: Time flies when you're having fun. 

I still remember, as if it was yesterday, the drive down to Furman University on Move-In Day, unpacking the family car, implanting myself into a new place, and saying goodbyes to my mom, dad, and sister, and it is hard for me to believe that was more 8 months ago. As I look back at this year it is amazing all the things I have done, materials I have learned, people I have met, and organizations I have become involved with. 

The first year of college is unlike any other chapter in the book of my life.  You can't really prepare yourself for this chapter, but it is certainly one of the best. There have been times that I've struggled in classes and stayed up all night studying for tests the next day, but there have also been times where I lived vicariously, enjoying every moment for what it was.  As the end of this chapter comes to an end, it is not with sadness that I go through these last few weeks, only joy and hope, because I can only imagine what the next chapter is going to be like.  

3 comments:

  1. I, too, feel like my first year of college just ended sometimes. And that was, uh, almost thirteen years ago? Savor it now, 'cause the time it flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe how quickly this year flew by and how much I have already received from my college career is just 1 year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is crazy to think that it has only been a year, but it's equally as terrifying to think that my Freshman year in college is over. I wish there actually was a way to make time slow down, but unfortunately it seems to keep speeding up.

    ReplyDelete